Monday, November 29, 2010

Digital Gigolo Turns Agony Aunt.

This is a genuine letter sent into The Daily Mirror’s health section.

Dear Miriam,

My boyfriend is obsessed with computer games. He often gets up at 5am to play Halo. When he comes in from work, the first thing he does is turn on the Xbox. Sometimes he even forgets to eat.

It’s just as bad at weekends. We don’t do anything together any more. I feel there’s no time or space for me in his life. Every time I bring this up, he tells me I’m being selfish and smothering him.

I get angry at his couldn’t-care-less-attitude and I hate the way he ignores me. He’s hardly interested in sex anymore – I might as well be invisible. I’m sick of nagging him and getting nowhere and I’m tired of all the arguments. I’m considering giving him an ultimatum – the Xbox or me. What can I do?

Angie

DIGITAL GIGOLO says:

Dear Angie,

Your husband obviously needs helps. So why don’t you pick up a controller and tag a few Covenant - he’ll be genuinely grateful, especially if he’s chosen the Legendary setting.

The last thing your husband needs when he’s trying to escape the crushing tedium of his soulless job is a guilt trip from a nagging wife.

And whatever you do don’t give him an ultimatum. The choice between ridding the world from the threat of extinction and smiling through gritted teeth to appease a smothering spouse simply isn’t a choice. You’ll find yourself out the house quicker than the time it takes Master Chief to snipe a stationary grunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment