Monday, November 29, 2010

The Mouth Responds

Hi, I’m The Mouth’s unsightly cold sore.

Let me explain. In an earlier blog entry I accused The Mouth – 360 Magazine's anonymous gaming curmudgeon – of being nothing more than a hack. I cited his inflammatory dig at Shigeru Miyamoto as a tiresome attempt at forced controversy. In doing so I had, unwittingly, planted a seed that would blossom into The Mouth’s latest column. Check out this excerpt from his article:

Welcome to the world of forced controversy. Each month I hurl one of these ill conceived and offensively constructed pages over the water, but I’ve never listened for the splash before. This is because even if comments existed (which ideally they should if I’m mouthy enough), it would be either applause or jeering and I could happily write amoral comments for both camps. I’ve only just personally realised that anyone was paying attention and I did that by Googling something totally unrelated only to find a page where I, or rather 'Mouth', was the pinata, which was most flattering, as Miyamoto would say. I want to be that British guy in Australia who does the funny binary hate flicks about everything that’s shit in a game, apparently, or the ‘industry’ Blogger who writes about the relationship between PR’s and the media.


Yep, I took the bait, hook, line, sinker, and copy of Angling Times. The Mouth is nothing more than a purveyor of forced controversy. So what exactly does that make me?

Answer: oral herpes.

No comments:

Post a Comment